Friday, June 1, 2012

A little advice from Dad

I love living in PdC.  Life here is wonderfully easy and carefree.  BUT, I miss my family a lot.  I'm glad most of my family Mom has gotten on board with catching up on my life through my blog.  It's a way for me to feel connected to everyone in my life even though we don't speak every day.

Today, I was able to talk to my Dad.  He's in the middle of wheat harvest and sometimes gets a little stressed out by the rush of it all.  He realizes you can't plan for everything during harvest time.  Equipment breaks, mother nature finally gives us rain or hail, and things happen.  During our conversation today he said,

"Life is not something you plan.  Life is what happens while you are busy living."

I'm not sure if he made this up or if he heard it from someone else, but it is something that made me smile, and wish I was there to get a big bear hug from my Daddy today.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Leave me a comment