Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Spicy Baked Salmon with Pineapple Mango Salsa


To go with my pineapple, mango, and papaya salsa, I baked some spicy salmon and asparagus.  The combination of flavors was delicious.

Spicy Baked Salmon

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.  In a small bowl mix seasonings.  Pat salmon with seasonings on the side with no skin.  In a large saute pan, heat olive oil until it smokes and cook salmon for 30 seconds seasoning side down until crust forms.  Turn salmon spice side up and place in oven for 7 minutes.  Serve with pineapple salsa.


Baked Asparagus

I've prepared asparagus many different ways, but this is by far my favorite.  It tastes like the asparagus you will find at a fancy restaurant.

  • 1 bunch of asparagus, trimmed
  • cooking spray
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 TBSP butter
  • 1 TBSP soy sauce
  • 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
Heat oven to 400 degrees F.  Arrange the asparagus on a baking sheet.  Coat with cooking spray and season with salt and pepper.  Bake asparagus for 12 minutes.  Meanwhile, melt the butter in a saucepan.  Remove from heat, and stir in soy sauce and vinegar.  Pour over baked asparagus.  

I also imagine this sauce being drizzled over a fillet mignon and served with a nice Cabernet.  

Before our dinner, I snapped some photos of my favorite bulldog.  He has such a rough life.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Leave me a comment