Friday, May 25, 2012

Diving Disappointment

In my last post, I alluded to the fact that I had a disappointing dive Monday.  We went on my first wreck dive called Mama Viña.  Mama Viña is a shrimp boat that was purposely sunk to create a false coral reef at about 100 feet or 30 meters deep.  I was so excited to complete this dive because on my tenth dive I would make it 100 feet.  Well, after checking my dive computer, I only made it 90 feet.  I was really disappointed and made myself preoccupied, creating buoyancy problems.  Swimming through the boat, I touched the fire coral and I ended up ascending a little too quickly.  On a brighter note, I had no problems equalizing or with nausea.  We saw tons of fish inside the shrimp boat, and a hungry barracuda waiting patiently outside.

Check out the You Tube videos of  Mama Viña!  So cool!




The barracuda reminded me of Ace with his under bite!



Okay, Ace is way cuter!


Yesterday, Husband and I hosted a party for my Mexican friends and family.  It was a lot of fun.  We played pool water polo, hired a taco truck, and laughed so hard my face hurt!  I'm having a great time learning Spanish and practicing with my new friends. 

Do you have any fun plans for the weekend?

- a friend of the hubby's is celebrating his 28th birthday... it might get crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Leave me a comment