Monday, August 6, 2012

Puerto Aventuras

A short drive south from Playa del Carmen, you will find a little area called Puerto Aventuras where the beaches are pristine, the water is crystal clear, and is the most perfect location for snorkeling, paddle boarding, or relaxing with a good book.  At Puerto Aventuras you can choose from several different restaurants, enjoy a small market of fresh and local fruits and veggies, and also do a little souvenir shopping.  The most exciting part: they also have manatees, sea lions, dolphins, and massive manta rays, AND you can swim with them all!

One day last week, my Spanish teacher and I took the short 20 minute trip down to Puerto Aventuras for a day of classes away from the classroom


The water is shallow and crystal clear.   Perfect for snorkeling around the small patches of reefs.



I took this with my iPhone and edited this with Instagram.  I could live here forever.



 A perfect place to get away from the party atmosphere of PdC.
 


 The sea lions.  They swam and played tag like best friends.



And kissed a little like lovers.


This photo does not do this justice.  The manta ray was enormous!  5-6 feet wide!


 

A family playing with and feeding the manatees.  




My Spanish teacher wants to be reincarnated as a manatee.  She says she will be lazy, ugly, and eat and swim all day long.  I guess there could be worse things....



It is said that sailors coming across the pond from Europe thought manatees were mermaids.  It shows you the desperation of the sailors during a 5 month stretch without women.  To me they look less like mermaids and more like a hippopotamus!!



Here he is eating soggy lettuce... YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Leave me a comment