Friday, December 2, 2011

Lose the excuses to lose the weight.

I can't believe it is already December, and it sure feels that way.  I woke up this morning freezing!  Isn't so hard to get out of bed when it's cold outside?  So I snuggled up to the hubby and stayed in bed a little longer.  :)  Snuggling is seriously my favorite thing to do. 



But I've been struggling with my motivation lately, and staying in bed, snuggling isn't helping.  I know I'm not the only one who justifies not working out.  When I was a personal trainer, I would hear excuses all the time on why my clients did not eat right or could not find the time to workout.  Now that I've gotten out of that industry, albeit I'm still very much interested in it, I find myself letting my husband, my friends, and my family make those same excuses.  My pups are even putting on the weight.  Last night we weighed both dogs because we are trying to find two large kennels for them.  Bella, my lab, and Ace, my English Bulldog, have each gained over 10 lbs in 2 years! 



Ok, so Ace is not this bad!


I try to do something active every day.  Maybe I'm not hitting the gym for 2-3 hours every day like I used to, but I still try to walk or run with my pups or go to a yoga class or head to the gym for some weight training. But, I still feel like I'm not working as hard as I could be. 

When I'm searching for motivation, I always try to look at people who've made the real, hard changes.  Contestants on the Biggest Loser have made life changes.  A friend I met studying abroad in Mexico recently lost 50 lbs while going back to school!  Real people give me the motivation to keep on working harder and to push myself farther. 





When I hear friends say, "I will go to the gym when I look better in shorts."  or "It's not worth going to the gym around the holidays because I'm just going to eat and cancel it all out.," I know it is my duty to their ultimate health to tell them that starting a routine, walking into the gym in shorts or spandex or whatever, is the only thing that will make you look better, feel better, and stay on the right path. 


Even if you wear this look to the gym, you are still winning for even being there!

I'm off to the gym readers!



If anyone has a before and after picture of your weight loss journey, I would love  to see it.  Brag about how you look now!  YOU deserve it!

1 comment:

  1. Thank Meghan for the shout out! I struggle with motivation each day...it is inherent in me to want to be lazy and not work out, all while eating nachos/burgers/sweets, you name it...the key for me was to adopt the Eat Clean lifestyle, where I eat 6 mini-meals each day, all of which are non-processed or chemical laden foods. 6 servings of protein, 6 servings of complex carbohydrates (in the form of fruits & veggies) and 2-3 servings of complex carbs that are whole grain based...it is also important to get in two servings of healthy fats (olive oil, avocados, nuts, etc) each day. It will help with cravings. The biggest bit of advice I have though is NO SUGAR!!! It creates a roller-coaster effect on your blood and keeps you craving more food. Say no to the white powdered crack known as sugar. Agave nectar is a great substitute...I have found it to be wonderful in many applications and is sold in the honey section or health food section of most large grocery stores.

    Keep up the good work and as you start to see results, that will become contagious and support your motivation...Good Luck to everyone over the holidays! Remember, tomorrow is a new day, and so far, there are no mistakes in it!

    Victoria
    Mexican Study Abroad Friend

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Leave me a comment