Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Ultra Mar = Ultra Barf

On Sunday we took a day trip to Cozumel to find an inexpensive dive shop.  We've had some trouble finding a scuba shop that offers reasonable prices online, so we decided to check it out ourselves.  Little did I know that I would spend the entire boat ride in the boat bathroom.  Before we left I didn't take my usual dosage of Dramamine, and started getting sick before we even lifted anchor.  IT.WAS.AWFUL!  I don't know how people don't get sea sick or motion sick.  I get sick in cars, buses, planes, and obviously boats.  So after the 45 minutes of puking my guts out, the last thing I wanted to do was get back on the ferry to come home to PdC.  Ugh!  I think that was the worse part, knowing I HAD to get back on the very thing that made me wish for death.  Jade and Patrick were fine.  Jade says he has sea legs. 










Our trip was a little FUBAR-ed from that point on.  I forgot my driving license so we couldn't rent mopeds, taxis were outrageously expensive, and walking to the beaches wasn't an option.  So we made the best out of our trip.  We found wifi at a Starbucks, got on the good 'ole iPhone, and found some dive shops.  We talked to a few who offered reasonable prices, and even found an amazing place to eat later that night. 



 I definitely recommend this restaurant.  The service was impeccable and the food was traditional Mexican and delicious.



 
Our trip wasn't exactly what we were expecting, but we made the best of it.  I even found a place that sold Dramamine, and I gave myself a double dose to kinda "knock me out" before getting back on the ferry.  We also sat outside in the open air, and I lived, I didn't loose my lunch dinner, and we made it home safely. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Leave me a comment