I prepared a vegetarian mixture of dishes because I was really craving the protein from the tofu, but I had an eggplant that was getting a little soft. I combined an Eggplant Parmesan recipe with a Tofu Parmesan recipe, and I thought the final product was delicious.
Eggplant + Tofu Parmesan
- 1 eggplant- peeled and sliced
- 1 pkg of tofu- 1/4 in slices
- 1 egg
- 2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- olive oil for frying
- 1 jar of prepared spaghetti sauce
- oregano, basil, salt and pepper
- 2 cups Mozzarella, Romano, and Parmesan shredded cheese
Cover a 9x13 in pan with half of the prepared spaghetti sauce. Layer half of the tofu and eggplant slices. Sprinkle with 1 cup of the shredded cheese. Repeat layers ending with the shredded cheese. Bake for 30 minutes until cheese is completely melted and sauce is bubbly.