Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Bowling in Playa del Carmen

I know summer time is a busy time for everyone, but my brother sent me this little poem to remind us to stop, breathe in your surroundings, and enjoy life. 

Leisure

 By: W.H. Davies


What is this life if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare?—
No time to stand beneath the boughs,
And stare as long as sheep and cows:

No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass:

No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night:

No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance:

No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began?

A poor life this if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.


Speaking of having a busy summer, since my brother has been here, we have tried our best to keep him entertained.  On Friday, we decided to try our hand at bowling.  I've never been a very good bowler, but it's always fun to go with a group of friends, family, or complete strangers.  In college, they offered a bowling class, but I was much too serious for such classes.  I instead chose to take classes like: anatomy and physiology, microbiology, and jogging!  Yes, I paid for a class called jogging! 

Most people don't consider going bowling in Playa del Carmen, but after you have lived here for 6 months, sometimes and activity in the air conditioning is just what we need.  Planet Bowl is located in Centro Maya, near the cine and offers a full (bar food) menu and bar, poker tables, and an arcade.  Basically, my brother was in heaven.



Patrick showing his bowling skills.


And Jade showing off his.  








 Obviously we are all terrible... I'm just slightly worse than Patrick and Jade.



The boys played some pool.  As always, I'm behind the camera.








I'm pretty sure Jade dominated the pool game.


And killing the zombies/terrorists!  HA!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Leave me a comment