Saturday, April 21, 2012

Coco Bongo Girls Night Out!

Wow!  It's been over a month since my last blog post.  No, I wasn't in a terrible accident nor did I contract a horrible, life-threatening disease.  I simply, just didn't blog.  I can make up a really good excuse, like I went on a Californication and Shameless bender... but, that only takes about 3 days.  (It also may be true.) 

I do have several really great excuses as to why I wasn't blogging, AND the photos to prove it. 

About a month ago, my girlfriend and I went out to Coco Bongo for a girls night.  The hubs stayed home to babysit our 4-legged and furry child without complaints.  Who knew fighting 1,300 people for a table and drinks wasn't his thing?

 My friend, Lena and I were so excited to get inside and see the shows. 



We arrived early... 11pm, and got a great table.  Before we even got to our seats, we were offered several different kinds of drinks and tequila shots. 



This is the place to go if you want to get your moneys worth.  Both Lena and I did not.  I had my first dive tomorrow, and Lena was leaving for Denmark, so we tried to stay sober.  The staff does not want any girl to stay sober.  They encourage dancing on the bar, dancing on the stage, and making bad decisions.  Case.In.Point...



The shows started with The Beattles, Elvis made and appearance, and even Michael Jackson was there. 



The performers also sang Lady Marmalade, Lady Gaga, and QUEEN!

There were trapeze performers and burlesque dancers, and even some line dancing!















It was a really fun night.  This definitely wasn't better than a Vegas show or club, but it was a good time for the price.  My advice is to go with a group of girls, or pay the VIP fee.  Get a table or a nice spot off the floor and tip your waiter.  Oh and drink lots of water!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Leave me a comment