Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Me levante en el pie izquierdo

Directly translated that means, I woke up on the left foot.  Its significance is "I woke up on the wrong side of the bed."  Yesterday was probably one of the worst days I've had in a long time.  It was one of those days that is better spent hiding under the covers...  Watch the video below. 

Have you ever felt like this? 

Because everything in my day was going wrong, I needed some motivation to continue my goal of learning Spanish.  My Spanish classes are really tough right now, and on top of that, our living situation has deteriorated exponentially over the last two weeks.

Below are a few motivational phrases, and phrases on perseverance and self acceptance.  I hope they brighten up your day, and give you hope that tomorrow HAS to be better!  Enjoy. 



"One of the things I learned the hard way was that it doesn’t pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself." – Lucille Ball



"Happiness is the consequence of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it. You have to participate relentlessly in the manifestations of your own blessings."– Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love



"You feel your strength in the experience of pain." – Jim Morrison



"A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes." – Mahatma Gandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Leave me a comment