Sunday, February 5, 2012

1 month anniversary

Wow!  I can't believe Jade and I have been here one month already.  Where does the time go?  I feel like we haven't done much outside the city of Playa del Carmen, but Wednesday we are heading to Akumal for some snorkeling and fun in the sun.  You can read about Akumal here, and see the wonderful pictures others have posted of the turtles and manta rays.  I've never seen a manta ray in the wild, so I'm totally pumped to go.

I recently finished all my scuba diving testing and studying.  Now all I need is to get in the water.  I'm still having trouble clearing my mask underwater.  It's hard for me not to freak out a little bit when the ocean keeps rushing into my mask, eyes, snorkel, and mouth... and my lungs, nose, esophagus, stomach.  I think I've swallowed half of the Caribbean trying to learn how to clear my mask and snorkel.  But I'm going to get it next time I go out.  I can feel it. 

I haven't had a chance to get the camera out too much since we arrived.  Every minute I'm not spending at the gym or studying Spanish or diving I feel extremely guilty, but, I did manage to take a few pictures last week. 

Is my backyard way better than your backyard or what?  JK!


 Even though I hate these birds, I thought this was pretty cute.

PS... One pooped on me... Jade says it's good luck... 


 Not exactly the raddest waves...
 


 Some pretty stellar graffiti on the beach.


The hubs posing for the annoying lady behind the camera.



Cloudy, but still beautiful!




This little boy was chasing and feeding the pinche sea gulls. Innocence is so cute!



I love palm trees!



Vamos a ver el Super Bowl!  Hasta el proxima!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Leave me a comment