Sunday, February 19, 2012

The ultimate pay-it-forward

Let me start this post off with a few quotes I found about Karma.


Thoughts lead on to purposes; purposes go forth in action; actions form habits; habits decide character; and character fixes our destiny.  ~Tryon Edwards

Our deeds determine us as much as we determine our deeds.  ~George Eliot

How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.  ~Wayne Dyer  
 

I truly believe all people have good inside them, but some lose sight of that goodness because of a bad experience, a hard life, or simply because they are "too busy".  Many people have helped Jade and me during our time(s) of transition, and I always try to remember that they didn't have to.  Yeah, sometimes we help our family, because that's what you are supposed to do, but to help a complete stranger or someone you just met, well that's downright unheard of and much to time consuming for many of us to do.  I'll just mention here, that I have a wonderful family that really will do anything for me.

Our neighbors in Kansas helped us so much before our big move to Mexico.  They provided for us in many ways that money can't buy.  They gave me emotional support when I needed it and they surrounded us with a welcoming embrace.  They never asked for anything in return, but simply showed us love. 

I've tried to do the same since coming to Mexico.  A girl who was in my classes at school recently got asked to move out of her apartment so they could rent it at a higher price to someone else.  I offered her our extra bedroom and tried my best to give her the kind of home our neighbors gave us.

I recently read an article in the New York Time's about the ultimate pay-it-forward.  It discusses an amazing group of strangers who started a chain of selflessly donating kidneys to patients in need.  This story makes my "pay-it-forward" look not so impressive.  The article is called, 60 lives, 30 Kidneys, All Linked. 



Read the article here,  I would love to hear your feedback.  Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Leave me a comment