Sunday, July 17, 2011

Home is where the heart is

The last month has not been the easiest for me or my husband, but things are seeming to turn around.  Jade has been living in Mexico for about a month now, and I'm learning how to live alone again.  Honestly, during the first couple of days alone, I thought they were quite relaxing.  Now, each days seems to pass slower, but there are never enough hours in the day for me to get all the work I need to do done.   Does anyone else ever feel like this?

Well, on Thursday, Jade won (or lost) however you want to look at it, a Bad Beat Jackpot of $286,000!  While this really isn't a lot of money in the scheme of life, this can potentially bring Jade back to the States to his wife and his family.  And now that I have two weeks left of my Master's required internship, I'm looking forward to taking some time off and spending it with my husband.

What I've learned through all of our travels and our ups and downs is that family is all that matters.  They are the only people who will love you no matter what.  I'm so lucky to have a great, even if we are dysfunctional, family.  On Friday, my sister and her fiance came to visit me in Lawrence.  This was Keith's first visit to Lawrence and huge step for any Mizzou fan!  We went to a fabulous dinner at Teller's and had drinks at the Eldridge.  It was a great night!



A delicious after dinner drink... key lime pie martini!

 My sister, Ashton and I before... gasp... our Mind Eraser shots!  Bringin' back the ole college days!


Ashton and Keith!  So excited for their wedding! October 8th, 2011!


Thanks for coming to visit me!  Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Leave me a comment