Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Sweet, sweet summertime!

One of the things I love most about spring and summer is all the beautiful flowers, fresh fruits and veggies.  I love going to farmers markets and finding all the fresh goodies.  Well, this year I don't need to go any farther than my backyard for the freshest fruits, vegetables, and flowers.  My small garden in my backyard is providing me with more than enough.  So far I have zucchini, tomatoes, hot and bell peppers, strawberries, onion, sweet corn, and cucumbers.  Not to mention all the important herbs like cilantro and dill.  Is there any better scents than those two, to make you think of summer?

 Now that my husband is away for work, I have to do all the picking... and if I miss a day, my zucchini ends up looking like it's on steroids.


But the reward for all my labors... Delicious and nutritious GUAC-A-MOLE!  Everything except the avocados came from my garden.


Don't get me wrong, this gardening thing is hard work.  My muscles were so swole for about a week from all my hoe-ing...in the flower beds.  But check out my work.  Ain't in purdy!



1 comment:

I would love to hear from you. Leave me a comment