Friday, June 24, 2011

Animal Lover

One of the best qualities I got from my mom is that I'm a total animal lover.  I love all animals, big and small.  I grew up on a farm with a huge feed yard full of cattle.  I had pet cows, horses, rabbits, cats, dogs, snakes, and turtles.  I'm the type of person who will catch a mouse in a live trap, and take it out down the road (away from my house) and let it out.  For almost three years of my life, I was a vegetarian.  I probably would still be if I didn't get severe food poisoning while living in Mexico.

This whole attitude towards Earth's creatures totally changes when we start talking about bugs and spiders.  About two weeks ago, we receive a lot of rain.  Mix that with 98 degree weather, and you are just asking for bugs to take refuge in your house.  That's exactly what we got.  A compilation of spiders, cockroaches, and ants trying to stay dry and cool.  I quickly called the exterminator and got him to come out right away.  Yesterday and today I've finally noticed all the remains of his work.  Dead bugs!!  I LOVE IT!

I think this response might be a little insane, but having cockroaches in my house is just something I'm not prepared to live with!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Leave me a comment