Sunday, September 18, 2011

Butchart Gardens, Victoria, BC

A couple weeks ago, my husband and I flew to Seattle to spend some time with my brother and his girlfriend.  While we were there, we took a sea plane to Victoria and a helicopter to Vancouver.  We had perfect weather the entire trip.  We spent 3 days in Victoria and visited Butchart Gardens.  Jade and I always try to visit a botanical garden every place we travel.  There is something we both love, and really appreciate the way flowers and plants make us feel.  Watching The Botany of Desire has totally changed the way we look at flowers and plants.  Butchart Gardens was by far the best botanical garden we've ever been to.  I recommend visiting if anyone is ever in Victoria and watching The Botany of Desire if you want to feel inspired by nature.  



 This is the view from the upper level.  I love the mountains in the distance.
.



The yellow and the purple colors look beautiful together.



Me and my wonderful husband in front of the dahlias.  



 My gimpy brother, Dan and I.  He had shoulder surgery two days before, but was a trooper and a great host.



Jade standing in front of the rose gardens.


Posing for my hubby.


The best part of Butchart Gardens wasn't the flowers and plants, although they were beautiful.  It was an event that happened while we were there.  My brother proposed to his girlfriend, Jackie, with a gorgeous Tiffany's diamond.  She was so genuinely surprised and thrilled, and I couldn't be happier for them.

I was creepin' and got a few shots of the special moment.











I ordered Adobe Photoshop, and I hope to edit these photos and make something special for Dan and Jackie to remember this day, but I have been impatiently waiting to share this news with everyone and anyone who will listen/read. 

It was an unforgettable day with great company.


I will edit all my photos and upload more of our adventures in Seattle, Victoria, and Vancouver!  Any ideas on the perfect photo gift for Dan and Jackie to remember and cherish this day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Leave me a comment