Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Finished!

I'm finished with all my courses for my Master's!  Whoo hoo!  It's been a long journey, but I'm finally done.  I finished all my classes with a 4.0.  I'm so proud that I stuck it out and did it well.  I have this less than desirable trait when things get tough, I give up.  I guess I wasn't born with the intestinal fortitude some people have naturally.  And some of my classes, ahem statistics, were tough.  Along with planning a wedding, moving and living in Mexico, moving back, living with parents, moving across the country, losing my job, finding a job, and maintaining my sanity; I got through my Master's!  All I have left is an internship and I start on Monday.  I can't wait to start at KU.  I get to work along side a beautiful woman inside and out and in a wonderful program.  Albeit, not my alma mater, it was my first choice! 

I celebrated my accomplishment today with a long run.  It felt so good.  I used mapmyrun.com to see how far I went.  ( I ran a little different route than usual).  Turns out, I was feeling pretty good because I ran 7.62 miles in 65 minutes!  Ya!  Go me!  I ran with my ipod tonight and I listened to Incredible Machine by Sugarland.  What a great album.  I recommend picking it up asap. 




The run felt great and I needed it!  I feel like I finally ran off those 3 bottles of wine we consumed Monday when my dad got to spend an extra day with us.  My best friend's wedding is Saturday, and I hope I can fit into my dress.  I put on a few "winter" pounds.  Agh!   I guess if I rip my dress, no one will be looking at me anyway.  They'll be watching the beautiful bride.  Love you Manda!


What do you do to get rid of a few extra "winter" pounds that tend to stick around till spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Leave me a comment