Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Goumet cooking

After watching Julia and Julia I decided that I wanted to learn how to cook like Julia Child. Yesterday, in my attempt to cook a gourmet meal, I prepared the most beautiful dinner for my husband. I made, all from scratch, French Onion Soup with Gruyere Cheese and French Bread. I also prepared Lamb Chops and Rosemary Mashed Potatoes. We of course topped this off with a bottle of red wine. The dinner turned out perfectly. While I'm not anywhere near the cook I hope to be, I'm getting better. If anyone hasn't seen the movie, Julia and Julia will inspire you to be a better cook and to follow your dreams.



And if you are feeling ambitious, pick up a copy of Mastering the Art of French Cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Leave me a comment