Friday, January 14, 2011

Baby Fever

It seems like every female I know has it.  This inherent desire to have babies, to reproduce, to procreate, to continue your name and legacy.  I understand that the only purpose to life is to create life.  I understand that as females we have a nurturing personality.  We want to care for our children, our husbands, our family and friends.  So, what's wrong with me? 

I feel, during specific times of the month, that strong feeling that I want a child, but it vanishes the other 26 days of the month.  The feeling is usually only a desire for a baby.  It is the same feeling when a child wants a puppy.  They don't want a big dog with bad habits, they want the cute, cuddly puppy.  The older women in my life tell me, "Don't rush.  You will be ready when you are ready."  I figured I can't be ready to have children if I'm simply unsure.  So what makes people ready to have children, to care for someone else, to be the biggest influence on who your child becomes? 


My sister-in-law was at our house the other night and she 6 months pregnant.  She has the cutest little baby bump and her baby was moving and kicking.  Spending time with her, going to her ultrasound appointments, and seeing and feeling the baby move really has been the coolest thing.  It has given me a little taste of that desire to have a child of my own.  I'm excited to be an auntie and to care and love another being unconditionally, and hopefully, be an influence on who her child becomes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Leave me a comment